The process of making your home impermeable or water-resistant is known as waterproofing. To ensure that your home is watertight, a layer or several layers are applied during construction. This is done in order to keep the house dry and free of moisture. This ensures that the house is not impacted by water issues. Waterproofing helps to lower humidity levels in the home, ensuring that the contents are not affected. It keeps water out of the house, keeping both the house and its contents secure.
Things to make your home waterproof
You can make your home waterproof by using the following things:
- Waterproof your foundation: No matter how strong or deep your foundation is, if it is not waterproof, the groundwater is eventually going to cause trouble. The moisture from the groundwater can sip into the wall of the foundation. So waterproofing your foundation is important. You can add waterproof chemicals to the cement and build the foundation.
- Waterproof your roof or terrace: The area that gets the most rainwater is your terrace or roof. Waterproofing in that area is needed as it does not let the moisture from the rain get into the ceiling of the house and destroy it. You can apply chemical substances that have waterproof elements on them to avoid water leakage from the terrace or roof.
- Waterproof your exterior walls: The exterior walls of your house is what protect it from any sorts of damage and disasters. If the moisture of water gets stuck in the exterior wall, it will slowly sip inside the walls and affect the interior walls and the things that are inside. Therefore apply a waterproof layer before your paint or apply anything to your exterior walls.
- Waterproof your doors and windows: Doors and windows are also exposed to water most times due to rain and sometimes accidents of water getting on them. Use waterproof plywood in order to avoid such situations.
- Waterproof your furniture: The furniture of the house is what completes the house on the inside. The cabinets, shelves and furniture in your house, especially in the kitchen, are prone to excess water contact. Use plywood that is waterproof in order to keep your furniture dry and make it last longer.
The best quality plywood that is waterproof is produced by Sainik Plywood by CenturyPly in India. They are the best and the most reliable ones available in the market.
The following are the features of Sainik plywood:
- It has been chemically tested for borer and termite resistance.
- They also have an app that will safeguard you from getting duplicate plywood.
- They are more durable due to the increased number of plies.
- They are exceptionally resistant to all types of weather.
- They are stronger due to a higher number of plies.
- They are very resistant to all types of weather.
The waterproof plywood has the following benefits:
- Stability: Because this plywood is non-malleable, it will not warp or swell. They’re of the best quality and won’t let you down when it comes to durability. It is highly durable and keeps its integrity for a long time.
- Boiling waterproof: Sainik plywood is a finely constructed and high-quality boiling waterproof plywood that is perfect for use in home It’s not only water-resistant but also heat-resistant and highly long-lasting. This makes it ideal for sections of your home where there is a steady flow of water, such as the kitchen.
- Low-cost: Plywood is a low-cost material. They’re inexpensive, but they’re not cheap in terms of quality. Sainik 710 also offers the plywood at one price across the country; ₹105/unit
- Low-cost renovations: Plywood is not only cheap, but it’s also cost effective to renovate. It is affordable and gives your furniture a beautiful finish.
Waterproofing promises you a safe and long-lived home, saving it from all sorts of damages and leakages. It is a way of making your home stand stronger and longer.