Safety is the biggest concern of parents and school authorities when it comes to school bus transportation. Here, the safety concern is not only on the students but also on the drivers. Uncertainties in road travel are the major reason why we doubt the safety of transportation. The only best way to regulate them is by integrating top-notch software that can monitor all the activities of the transportation.
The school bus management software is an ideal solution to regulate the operation of school transports. Several schools have already implemented this system to manage their school bus activities. This software comes with School transportation apps that are accessible by parents, schools, drivers, and admins. Continue reading this blog to know how efficiently the software works.
What is school bus management software?
The school bus management software is a tool that provides assistance in maintaining the school bus fleet. This system is an all-rounder that can assist the drivers and users by providing necessary assistance. It will record all the necessary details about the school children and will also note down their pick-up and drop-off times.
Employing this software will give a sigh of relief for the parents and the school authorities as they can track the location of their children in real-time. This friendly software will also help the drivers by assisting them in driving through safe routes.
How does school bus management work?
- The first step is to get registered in the app. The drivers, parents, and school management can register themselves with the app.
- Once the students start boarding, the drivers will enter all their necessary details in the app. The time they boarded the app and the time they will reach their destination will be recorded.
- The parents and the school authorities will receive this information on their mobile phones to track their students in real-time.
- When the bus commences the trip, the in-app-built GPS will help the parents and the school to track the trips by pointing out the exact location.
- Whenever the students get down at their destinations, the driver will update the same in the app for the parents to acknowledge.
- At the end of the trip, the schools will get notifications through the app.
What are the extraordinary features of School bus management software?
Some of the intriguing features of a school bus management software are,
Manual routing is sometimes hectic. Generally, the fleet managers are responsible for assigning the routes for the drivers. But with the advent of technology, the software can work on routes for the drivers. They can simply store all the addresses of the students in the app. The software will develop a perfect route for the drivers by considering all the factors like distance, location, and the nearest point of traveling.
Route management and route optimization are more or less the same but with a little variance. The route optimization deals with suggesting perfect routes by identifying the uncertainties. In case of bad weather or traffic congestion in areas, the software will suggest the drivers take an alternative route that can help them reach quickly.
This is one of the important aspects that you have to consider in a school bus journey. The school buses should not be overloaded with students. Every student should deserve a seat. To regulate this, the software will work on the seating patterns where it will allocate seats for the students to sit according to their drop-off destination.
Stores the necessary details about the school transports
Along with storing the students’ data, the software will also store all information about the drivers like their license, renewal date, bus maintenance data, bus routes, etc. The drivers’ app will notify and remind them about their license renewal. However, this will largely help the school management at the time of inspections.
Maintains the health records
When children travel in a bus, it is important for the drivers to know their medical history as they are easily prone to infections. And, also during times of emergency, it will help them. Amidst pandemic, it is important to lay down effective measures to prevent the spread of the virus.
When the drivers and students board the bus, their temperatures will be measured and updated in the app. So, the parents can have a look at the hygienic level of the school buses.
Different types of school bus management software
There are different types of transportation apps, accounting for the various uses. Let us see them in brief,
- Firstly, the schools that own their own school transportation fleet will have their own software, which will aim at the specific routes covered by their school buses.
- An aggregating school bus software where the school bus fleet covers multiple schools. There are school fleet operators who will handle the operations of more than one school.
- The third category is the one where the schools do not own any transports whereas they will hire or rent buses from the operators to complete their school trips.
- For tiny totes, i.e., the kindergarten kids, there is a separate school bus software that aims at providing a more sophisticated and secure commuting process.
What are the benefits of employing school bus management software?
Enhances the communication
The software will bridge the gap between the parents and the drivers. The parents will get real-time information about the whereabouts of their children. Moreover, they need not worry about the safety of their children.
Enables the safety of the students and drivers
The school bus management software will eliminate the chances of accidents by predicting the uncertainties. Both the drivers and the children will feel safe throughout their trip.
Maintains the school bus fleets
Along with route optimization and planning, it also supports and records the maintenance of the school’s fleets. It will remind and alert the drivers and managers about the scheduled dates for their next maintenance works.
Every school managements spend a huge amount of money on maintaining the school buses. They do every possible way to keep their fleet out of danger for their students. Hence, it has become a need for schools to adopt sound School bus management software to maintain their fleets.