Worried about sexual health? Whether the concern is low testosterone levels, low sperm count, or erectile dysfunction, one surprising way to Boost Sexual Health And Function is through diet.
The foods that one includes in their daily diet must be chosen right as whatever one eats provides the required nutrients to power the body including the sexual organs-the penis. After knowing this fact, many men may be looking for foods that could boost their penis health and performance. If anyone is one of them, then their search ends right here. The following information talks about all those nutrients and the food sources that are essential for promoting penis health. Keep reading, to know about them. [1, 2]
Essential Nutrients and Food Sources for Boosting Penis Health:
1. Vitamins for Boosting Health of Penis
- Vitamin E- For men suffering from infertility, Vitamin E helps improves sperm quality. It is found in avocados, spinach, broccoli, peanuts, etc. [1,]
- Vitamin C- It is also an antioxidant capable of preventing oxidative stress that damages the DNA of the sperm cells, hence improving male fertility. It can even significantly improve sperm mobility and count as well as reduce the number of deformed sperm cells. Some Vitamin-C-rich foods include citrus fruits, potatoes, broccoli, strawberries, blackcurrants, peppers, and Brussel sprouts. 
- Vitamin D- It is another nutrient that could Boost Testosterone Levels and provide greater sperm motility. Some vitamin D-rich foods include soy milk, cow’s milk, cereals, oily fish, red meat, certain fortified foods, etc. 
- Folate (Vitamin B9)- It helps increase blood flow to the lower-positioned areas of the body and protects against age-related sexual issues. If men have folate deficiency, they can suffer from sexual performance problems like premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction. The foods packed with folate include spinach and other dark, green leafy vegetables like romaine lettuce, broccoli, and even asparagus [ 2,3]
2. Antioxidants for Boosting Health of Penis
Foods rich in antioxidants like walnuts, wine, dark chocolates, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, citrus fruits, eggplant, prunes, red grapes, pomegranate, etc. could elevate testosterone levels and blood flow to the penis, creating feelings of sexual excitement.
As per academic studies, lycopene is known to show significant improvements in sperm motility and concentration, therefore improving male fertility. It is present in fruits and vegetables of red color such as tomatoes and carrots. [ 2,3]
3. Amino Acids-the Building Blocks or Proteins for Boosting Health of Penis
- L-arginine- It may help raise testosterone levels and treat erectile dysfunction. It is thought that this amino acid could have a relaxing effect on the blood vessels which could increase the blood flow to the penis. Oats are the best food rich in L-arginine.
Watermelon is one of the richest sources of an amino acid called L-citrulline which once getting inside the body turns into L-arginine and stimulates the production of nitric oxide, thereby improving blood flow to the penis. [ 1,5]
- D-aspartic acid (D-AA)- This amino acid is mainly found in certain glands, such as the testicles, and even in sperm cells and semen. So, researchers believe that it is implicated in male fertility. If males start taking it as supplements, they would start producing more testosterone. It is found in oysters, eggs, meat, asparagus, walnuts, etc. 
4. Caffeine and Cocoa for Boosting Health of Penis
It has been found that men who have caffeinated beverages like a morning cup of coffee (Java) are less likely to have erectile dysfunction as caffeine ultimately helps in increasing blood flow to the penis. Research studies also report that intake of more cocoa, which is present in dark chocolates, could boost the levels of serotonin. This mood-stimulating hormone could help reduce stress and make men’s libido higher, hence making them reach orgasm. And that’s not all, it could even increase blood flow to the penis by relaxing the blood vessels. [ 3]
5. Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Boosting Health of Penis
Although this nutrient is considered to be heart-healthy, it can even promote penis health. It can spike dopamine levels in the brain which improves the blood flow and circulation to the penis, triggering sexual arousal. So, for men who want to make the sex experience more fun and relaxing, oily cold-water fishes like salmon, tuna, and sardines must be eaten. 
6. Minerals for Boosting Health of Penis
- Potassium- This nutrient helps boost blood circulation and improve blood flow to the penis, thus enhancing bedroom pleasure. Great sources of potassium are potato or sweet potato, spinach or broccoli, bananas, avocados, beans, lentils, dried fruits like apricots and raisins, beet greens, winter squash (butternut and acorn), etc. 
- Zinc- It helps improve male fertility by increasing sperm count and testosterone levels. It is found in high amounts in foods like shellfish, eggs, and meat. 
- Magnesium- It helps in reducing the inflammation of the blood vessels, thereby increasing the flow of blood below the waistline i.e. into the penis. As the blood reaches the extremities, just like Viagra, it can improve sex arousal and even make sex a pleasurable experience. There is also some evidence, that this mineral could increase the levels of male testosterone hormone. The food sources include spinach or other green vegetables, dry nuts, whole grains, etc. 
- Cherries are rich in plant chemicals called anthocyanin. It can be great to improve sex life as it helps in cleaning the blood arteries of plaque so that blood could flow freely to the penis and enhance penis health.
- Hot sauce has capsaicin- an active fiery component in chili peppers. Its usage can increase testosterone levels.
- Green tea has a lot of catechins that can boost sexual excitement by promoting blood flow into the penis. Researchers believe that it could cause blood vessel cells to release nitric oxide that increases the size of the blood vessels to allow improved blood flow.
- Honey can help in warding off depression and aid in keeping the penis erect. It is because of a beneficial plant pigment (a flavonoid) called Quercitin.[3,5]