There are a variety of reasons why that your printer isn’t functioning properly. Printers that are not working might be unclear or identify the source of the issue but it requires immediate attention.
Make sure your printer is checked for any issues that could be simple
The error message “printer communication error“ could be the result of some of these reasons:
- Verify that you can see that the power indication on your printer remains turned on. It could be just an unplugged or loose power cord.
- Examine the lid of the printer to see if it is not open. Shut the lid.
- If you’ve got an issue with stuck paper then remove the paper from the printer.
- Paper not fed or empty tray of paper Fill the tray with paper.
- When your printer or computer informs you that the cartridge(s) is depleted or is depleted in the ink, a replacement or refill is necessary.
- If your printer gives the ” cartridge not detected” error or error message, the cartridge may not fit into the compartment in a proper way. Take it out and place it back until it fits properly. the snapping or locking in clicking sound.
- Drum may need replacement. Replace the drum with a brand new drum.
- Make sure to check the USB cable to ensure it’s securely connected to both of their ports.
- If your printer isn’t connected from the router or network You should check your network to see to determine if the issue is not of your printer. You may require resetting your access point or router and modify your network.
- Examine the drivers to determine to see if they match the model of the printer or the operating system that it is currently compatible with. You may have installed a incorrect version or supported OS for the drivers or the drivers that are compatible with the model of the printer that you’ve selected and installed wasn’t correct.
The solution to some or all of these actions can help clear the printer of the error condition. If the issue continues then continue as follows.
Perform a Factory Reset
A factory reset erases any errors that are displayed by the printer or computer and restores your printers default settings. There are different methods for resetting printers. When you are ready to reset the printer be sure it’s not connected to your network and computer and isn’t performing any printing tasks.
- Switch on the HP printer. Take several seconds until the printer has finished the initialization.
- Hold and press your Power button first, then press while holding until you reach the cancel
- Hold both buttons in place for 10 minutes.
- Press the cancel button first prior to press the Power button.
- The printer will print an experiment page.
- Turn on your Canon printer.
- Access its Menu.
- Browse via the Setup menu, then go to the device settings.
- Choose Option option Reset option and then click OK.
- Make sure you turn off the power to your Epson printer.
- Find the button that says ” Reset” or in certain designs ” Pause / Reset” or ” Reset / Continue” Press and hold the button for 5 seconds , then release then release.
- If the Epson printer does not have a reset button, hold and press the power button for five minutes. The printer could shut off.
- Wait for few seconds and turn it back on.
- If you notice that your Samsung printer is powered on then press and hold the switch to power until your printer shuts off. The indicator lamp goes off.
- Check to see if there’s activity in the Samsung printer.
- Unplug the power cable and then leave it in place until 10 mins.
- Connect in the Samsung printer back into AC and then turn it on.
- Press and hold the the Stop button until at minimum 5 seconds.
- The test page is ready to print.
- Switch off your Brother printer, but do not unplug the power cable.
- Hold and press and hold the button for a few seconds. Hold the button while turning off the power switch. Continue to hold press and hold the button pressed button pressed until the LEDs light up, after that you will see the LED that is ready LED dims.
- Press Go. Release the Press the button. Make sure that the indicator lights for LEDs are turned off.
- Click on the “Go” button at minimum at least six (6) at least six (6) times. Check that all indicators are on.
- The Brother printer will be restarted.
- Switch off the Lexmark printer.
- Switch off your Lexmark printer, and push the keys the numbers 26 and simultaneously for minimum 15 minutes. It will open its service mode.
- In in the Services Mode Scroll down or click Restore Factory defaults.
- Choose out of service erase Then erase memory. The program will prompt that you are able to continue the erase. Press .
- After the printer resets then turn off the Lexmark printer in order to continue.
Xerox Method 1
- Switch off the power to your Xerox printer.
- Go to the control panel of your printer and then press Machine Status..
- Click the the Tools
- Select the Device Settings and then select ” Reset UI to Factory Settings“.
- Press Restart.
Xerox Method 2
- Make sure you turn off the power to your Xerox printer.
- Press Menu
- In the Tech mode, press OK When the the Tech menu has been highlighted. You’ll then be taken through the Data Setup.
- Scroll through Data Setup settings until you have cleared all memory. If it is highlighted, then click OK .
- Choose your country, then click “OK”.
- A test page of printer configuration is printed in order to verify the reset.
Be aware that following the reset of your printer to an error mode, you will need to reconnect and configure the printer to join your network once more or take out the cartridge, toner or drum and then put it back to its original position.