Microsoft Office Error 30088-4 indicates that your computer is unable to run Microsoft Office. This error can also occur when you try to upgrade to the latest version of the Office suite. If you are looking for answers to fix this problem then follow the troubleshooting procedures listed below.
Steps to resolve Microsoft Office Error 30088-4
Repair Microsoft Office
If the error code appears in the background when you try to upgrade to the latest Office version, you may need to fix your Office package and then check the results.
- To access Control Panel, go to Control Panel, click Programs and Features, then select the appropriate Office install package.
- After that, click on the button to replace and choose Quick Repair.
- If the first method doesn’t work, try an online repair as well.
Uninstall and Reinstall MS Office
However, when this error appears while trying to install Office on your PC then delete the Office application that failed to install correctly. To make sure you’ve removed all files from pre-existing versions of the Office suite, download the Office Uninstall Tool from Microsoft. Install this tool and adhere to the on-screen guidelines to remove Office. Reboot your PC, and re-install Office again.
Close Background Programs
Applications and programs that are running in the background can cause problems for Office. For example, your firewall or antivirus may be blocking the installation of Office.
- Delete all your applications and then check the results. Start Task Manager, navigate to the Processes tab and then right-click the process or app you want to close. Select “End Task Option” to end the application.
- To turn off your firewall search for “Windows Defender Firewall” in the Windows Search bar, launch the app, and then click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- To turn off your antivirus to deactivate it, navigate to Windows Security and click Threat & Virus Protection. Remove antivirus and then install Microsoft Office.
To resolve Microsoft Bootstrapper Error Office 2013, repair your Office suite. If the problem persists, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the Office package. Additionally, close all your background programs, such as your firewall and antivirus, and then try again. Comment below and let us know if we were able to resolve the issue.