We are aware of the fact that Knee Replacement surgery is a complex procedure and therefore is performed under dire emergency. So, the Medicover Hospital Vizag is equipped with the most skilled orthopedic surgeons to operate with ease. Mostly, patients seek medications and other exercises to treat the major bone and muscle injury of the knee. But, in case they don’t work then, doctors ask to go for knee replacement surgery from India’s top orthopedic surgeons.
However, it must be taken into consideration that, the treatment of knee replacement surgery must be done from the renowned hospital only. This is because; risk shouldn’t be taken on medical grounds as its complexity is huge. So, this article will give you a brief about the need for knee replacement surgery and other medications that the readers definitely can’t miss out.
Knee Replacement – How much pain does it follows?
Did you ever notice the old aged persons facing trouble in walking? Yes, we quite often come across our grandparents or family members facing this issue in their lives. Even, climbing stairs or rock-like place becomes a nightmare for them. So, they prefer sticking to antibiotics and other medicines with the hope of experiencing a change. Many times, they are advised to go for physiotherapy as well. But, what if even physiotherapy fails to cure the pain? That is the exact time when persistent changes become the only key and people rush for knee replacement surgery as fast as they can.
So, knee replacement surgery is also known by the name of “arthroplasty” and is undertaken by the top orthopedic surgeons only. As the pain increases with time, replacing the joint using metal as well as other alternatives becomes quite mandatory to balance the situation. Following that, the artificial bone or the kneecap is directly attached to the defective part and the outcome of this procedure is just a miracle. Though, it is not that simple but experienced team of professionals can perform this without any hassle.
Main Types of Knee Replacement Surgery
As per the doctors of Medicover Hospital, Vizag there are five important types of knee replacement surgery that the surgeons perform. Those surgeries are as follows:
- The most usual surgery that includes the replacement of both thighs, as well as shin bone for the purpose of attaching that with the knee, is commonly known as total knee replacement. Such a complex procedure is quite relaxing as a healthy bone is placed altering the defective ones.
- In case knee replacement surgeries are already taken by the patient, then he may be advised to go for complex knee replacement. This also works effectively for patients suffering badly from arthritis.
- When the patient feels weakness or crucial pain in a certain part of the knee, then the orthopedic surgeons recommend them for partial knee replacement. But concern must be kept regarding this surgery as this works only if the ligaments of the knee are strong. However, with just a minimal cut the entire procedure is completed.
- Another surgical method that involves a specific injury area of the knee that can be healed by grafting living cartilage, as well as cells, can be initiated to grow through cartilage is done. This procedure is known as cartilage restoration.
- The specific surgery where knee cap undersurfaces is taken care of, as well as focus, lies on the groove are referred to as a patellofemoral replacement.
On what basis are the knee designs are choosen?
Nowadays, knee replacement surgery has become so prominent that, doctors are using separate designs to go along with the patient’s knee. Doesn’t this sound cool? Of course it is. Seriously, about one to two hours is the maximum time that an orthopedic surgeon takes to perform the knee replacement surgery. Implants are used by doctors to help knee mobility without any ease. Usually, metal, as well as plastic implants, are available in the market and healthcare professionals stick to those only.
Therefore, the knee designs are chosen so suitably for the patient that they never rant about it. Following are the factors that doctors consider before deciding the designs:
- Height tops the list.
- Weight is very necessary to consider as different designs go for low weight and heavyweight people.
- Lastly, the activities that they perform in their daily life are also examined before the knee design placement.
Added to this, there is a different design that the doctors use for women. It is just to get linked up with their anatomy. So, knee designs are made in a specified way to meet out the requirements accordingly.
Longevity of the knee replacement surgery
Before going for a knee replacement surgery, you must be concerned about its worthiness. The question that ‘whether the knee design will be long lasting or not?’ will continuously battle in your mind. But relax, your money won’t go to the wrong place. Previously, surgeons used to assure that, the knee design would surely last for a decade or so. However, today the entire scenario is different.
As the medical sciences developed and so did the techniques. So, knee design for knee replacement surgery can be assured to stay in its fixed position for 20 years. Did proceeding with time the orthopedic surgeons are expecting a rise in knee replacement surgeries in the next few years. Although, this is positive impact care must be taken to have this surgery done only from the prominent hospitals.
Credihealth can make you realize how smooth your medical journey can be. It is just because all the specialized surgeons, as well as hospitals, are at their fingertips.