Kelowna, located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada, is a great destination for families with kids. Here are some of the most popular things to do in Kelowna with kids:
- Visit the Kelowna Family YMCA: This is a great place for families to swim, play in the gym, and participate in a variety of programs and activities.
- Explore Myra Canyon Park: The Myra Canyon Trestles are a must-see attraction in Kelowna. The park has over 20 kilometers of trails for biking, hiking, and horseback riding.
- Visit the Okanagan Heritage Museum: This museum is a great place for families to learn about the history and culture of the Okanagan Valley. It has exhibits on the First Nations, pioneers, and the agricultural and natural history of the region.
- Play at Waterfront Park: Waterfront Park is a popular destination for families. It has a playground, water park, beach volleyball court, and lots of grassy areas for picnics and games.
- Visit Kangaroo Creek Farm: Kids love seeing the wallabies, kangaroos, and other animals at Kangaroo Creek Farm. There are also lots of other farm animals to see and interact with.
- Go to the H2O Adventure + Fitness Centre: This water park has a wave pool, water slides, a lazy river, and lots of other fun features.
- Enjoy the Kelowna Farmers’ and Crafters’ Market: The market is a great place to sample local food and drink, and buy handmade crafts and goods. It’s open on Saturdays from April to October.
- Explore Knox Mountain Park: Knox Mountain Park has over 800 hectares of forested trails for hiking, biking, and wildlife viewing. There are also picnic areas and great views of the city and the lake.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Kelowna with kids. There is no shortage of fun and educational activities for families in this beautiful region.