Founded by Smt. Shakuntala Educational and Welfare Society, the Galgotias University is part of the “Galgotia Educational Institutions”. Situated in Greater Noida, it has gone on to become one of the most renowned and prestigious private universities, offering engineering and management courses.
It thus becomes extremely important to give a basic idea about Galgotia College to students. This post collates all the data and presents it in the form of digestible bytes.
Galgotias University Courses and their Eligibility Criteria
The following table consists of all the courses and their eligibility criteria offered by the Galgotia Educational Institutions. These cover all the basic information that candidates need a headstart on, before moving forward with admission to Galgotias University.
Cleared a 3-year Diploma in Engineering and Technology, with at least 45% (40% for reserved) in the 1st year
|B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||
|MBA||Passed a 3-year Bachelors Course from any recognized university, with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved)|
|MCA||BCA/Bachelors Degree in CSE or equivalent
B.A/B.Sc/B.Com with Maths at 10+2/graduation level, with at least 50% marks (45% for reserved)
(same criteria for lateral entry as B.Tech)
NOTE: Vacant Seats shall be filled first by the meritorious students of the particular exam (JEE/CMAT etc) and then by the students scoring the required percentage in the university entrance exam.
Galgotias University Fees
As mentioned before, the Galgotias University comes under the Galgotias Educational Institutions. Therefore, the Galgotias University Fee structure covers that of individual courses offered by all the institutions coming under the Galgotias Umbrella.
The Galgotias University Fee structure table below also includes the hostel and mess charges that students need to keep in mind (especially outstation students)
|GALGOTIA COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY|
|GALGOTIA COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY|
|GALGOTIA COLLEGE OF PHARMACY|
|Single Occupancy (Boys)||10,000 INR for Non AC
15,000 INR for AC
|Double Occupancy (Boys)||9,000 INR|
|Girls (with attached bathroom)||15,500 for non AC
19,000 for AC
|Mess Charges cost an extra 2,400 INR|
The next subtopic below highlights the reasons one should consider Galgotia College for their higher studies. However, it’s also important to notice that Galgotias University offers some of the most affordable engineering, management, and medical courses in all of India. This budget-friendly Galgotias University fees structure is an important advantage that attracts several students from all over the country.
Being one of the top-ranked universities not just in Delhi/NCR but all over India, the Galgotias College of engineering and technology has its own set of benefits. Highlighted below are some such advantages that attempt to classify Galgotias University as distinct from all the other engineering and management colleges.
Quality of Education
- First and foremost, it’s a high-ranking institution, which is evident by the top rank accorded to it by India Today in their Best College rankings. Additionally, the Galgotia College of Engineering and Technology successfully secured the 18th rank among all the engineering colleges in India.
- Students need not have two minds about the quality of education and infrastructure of the university as it’s accredited by renowned bodies like the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) as well as the Huawei ICT Academy.
- Students studying at Galgotias University aren’t just promised the best possible academics but also much more. This includes personality development, technical training sessions, as well a variety of aptitude tests. This way, the students won’t just be academically sound but also become competent and functional members of the work culture.
- Moreover, the university regularly keeps planning Industrial visits in which students get a first-hand experience of the latest industrial norms and practices. They not only get to visit but also interact with industry professionals.
- A very distinct feature of the Galgotias University is the “School of Lifelong Learning”. It regularly carries out group discussions, presentations, workshops, debates, job fairs, etc. This ensures the multi-dimensional development of students (knowledge, presentation, public speaking, etc).
- Galgotias College has also kept in mind leisure as they have made provisions for several sporting activities. From Cricket to Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball and other outdoor sports, to indoor sports like chess and table tennis, everything’s available.
- Additionally, there’s also a well-equipped gymnasium.
- All kinds of help, grievance issues, and event responsibilities fall on the Galgotias University Student Council.
- Apart from the Freshers Party and Farewell, the university hosts not 1 but 2 annual fests: the “Unifest” and “Annual Technical Fest (called Metacognition)”. Thus, students get to take a break from in-class learning and just refresh themselves as well as show their innovations.
Whether it’s the Galgotia College of Engineering and Technology or the Galgotias University, a great placement record can always be found. In fact, in 2021 alone, more than 150 companies successfully recruited more than 5000 students, with the highest recruiter (Cognizant) finalizing 420 students. Some of the other top recruiters were as follows: –
- WhiteHat Jr.
- American Express
Galgotias University is hands-down one of the best options when it comes to engineering and management courses. It’s an affordable option for those who are limited by their budget and yet don’t want to compromise on the quality of education provided.