Oxycodone is a well-known pain reliever, prescribed by the doctor in severe to moderate pain. It belongs to the family called Opioid, which is a pain reliever. That’s why taking too much Oxycodone can cause addiction.
It works wonders when it is taken under the supervision of a doctor and causes some serious damage if taken too much.
Feature of Oxycodone 10 mg
Oxycodone 10 mg tablet comes in a cardboard package. One pack contains at least 20 tablets. The tablets are white in color. They are round in shape. On one side there are 10 written while on the other side OC has written.
The life of Oxycodone 10 mg in your body is 4 to 6 hours only.
Oxycodone is a well-known brand of pain killer, they are easily available all over the world. Just upload your prescription when you need to buy it.
warning before taking Oxycodone 10 mg
As we mentioned earlier Oxycodone is a very strong medication. You should avoid taking without consultancy. As Oxycodone 10 mg contains 9 mg of oxycodone, though the mg is low, regularity makes you addicted.
So if you dealing with these problems tell it to your doctor first-:
- You don’t have any breathing issues or any problem related to the lungs
- You are not allergic to these types of medications.
- Not dealing with any type of heart disease.
- Not having any liver issues.
- Having any stomach issues
- You are not underage to take it.
- Not having a low oxygen level in your body
- Suffering from any kind of mental illness
When you are taking Oxycodone 10 mg, keep these things in mind-:
- Always consult while taking Oxycodone 10 mg as taking on long term might make you addicted.
- Do not increase the dose by yourself
- Don’t stop taking it suddenly, reduce it gradually under the supervision of your doctor.
- Do not inject it.
- You might see some hormonal changes.
You can take Oxycodone 10 mg with or without food. But we recommend you take after meals as having an empty stomach can make you sleepy.
Avoid taking alcohol or drink like that.
Drink lots of water.
Who can take it?
Any adult- Any person above the age of 18 can take it. The doctor will decide your dosage. Don’t exceed them
Who can’t take it?
Children – Children or any adolescents under the age of 18 can not take it unless recommended by the doctor.
Pregnant lady- Don’t take it if you are pregnant, this might make your baby dependent on this medicine.
Breastfeeding- Taking Oxycodone while breastfeeding is dangerous as it passes into milk.
Patients with specific diseases- any patient who is suffering from kidney issues, lung problems, liver problems should avoid it.
Side effects of Oxycodone 10 mg
Some possible and common side effects-:
- Feeling weakness
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Difficulty in breathing
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual sweating
- Difficulty in sleeping
Unusual side effects of Oxycodone 10 mg
There are some uncommon side effects too which are rare but if you have any of them do consult your doctor-
- Mood swing( extreme happy or sad)
- Low or high heart rate
- Unstoppable bowels
- Low or high blood pressure
- Redness on the face or in the eye
Oxycodone 10 mg is FDA approved medicine that is used in any kind of pain. It gives you relief within 20 to 30 minutes. While taking Oxycodone 10 mg you should keep a few things in your mind(mentioned above). Don’t start any kind of medication before consulting the doctor.