Canon Printer offers a wide selection of printing services for home and office users. With its modern capabilities, customers can print whatever they want without any hassle. Like other printers, Canon Printer also produces an error message to your computer whenever trying to print. In general, you’ll encounter an error message from the Canon printer in the form of an issue that can be caused due to a variety of reasons. In the majority of cases, the printer will tell you that it’s in error if there’s a malfunction within the printer itself. This blog post was written thanks to your help and support. Keep reading to learn about the most effective and easy fixing strategies like factory reset Canon printer.
Reasons for Canon Printer in Error State Issue
It will be impossible to remove this Canon Printer from the error condition unless you identify the actual cause. There are a couple of possible causes are listed below look them over:
- The settings on Your Canon Printer are probably incompatible with the document you’re trying to print.
- The printer’s ink might be running low or is empty.
- Incorrect drivers are installed on your printer. This triggers Canon Printer in Error Status error.
- Canon Printer most probably in Offline mode.
- Connections are loose or USB cables aren’t correctly connected to the devices.
Fixing Guide for Canon Printer in Error State Problem
We’ve listed a few Canon Printer troubleshooting tips and tricks that will aid you in resolving errors with your printer. Follow the recommended method one at a time until your printer is clear of the error.
Method 1: Adjust the Ports Settings
Here’s how to make modifications in the port settings following the requirements:
- Use the Windows logo key and the R key to your keyboard. By doing this, you will be prompted to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” and then press “Enter” keyboard. This will bring up the “Device Manager” pane.
- In the menu at the top select “View” and then select “Show the hidden device”.
- Then, right-click on “Ports (COM and LPT)” and then select the “Properties” Tab.
- Open your “Port setting” tab.
- Then, use any disruption that is assigned to the port.
- Click the checkbox right next to “Enable older plug and Play detection”.
- Press “OK” for saving the modifications.
- Reboot your computer and then print the document using Your Canon Printer. If you are still experiencing printer error status, move to the next solution.
Method 2: Make Sure the Canon Printer Is Online
A damaged or outdated driver can cause a Canon Printer in Error issue. If none of the solutions above will work, then you must make sure you update your driver today. Here’s how:
- Start the Windows Search box and type “devmgmt.msc. Press the “Enter” keyboard.
- This will bring up to the Device Management window.
- Then, go to the category of print queues and increase it.
- Right-click the device that prints, and select “Update Driver”.
- To continue, select the “Automatically search for the latest drivers software” option, and then restart your computer.
- Now, the issue with error states which is affecting the Canon Printer will be fixed.
Talk To the Experts for One-Stop Remedy
Have you been pleased with the above solutions? None of the solutions is successful in eliminating your Canon Printer Issues with Error State issue? Don’t worry! The most skilled techies are on hand around the clock to help you.