Project management software allows you to plan and schedule projects, allocate resources, and change management. Suppose you are a project manager or merely a general user of project management software. In that case, you can use it for various purposes, as we will inform you later in the article. We will also converse about different types of management software to give you extensive knowledge about it.
What are Types of Project Management Software?
One of the most important aspects you will have to work with and through to run a business is the project management function. The invention of project management software made documenting and recording information much easier and more organized.
A project manager will no longer need to go through stacks of paperwork to find one file and lose years of vital records. The use of project management software made work more efficient and effective.
There are two types of project management software we use and encourage our clients to try too. They are:
1. Desktop Based Project Management Software
The earliest form of project management software was created as desktop software. The most popular desktop software is Microsoft Project. Through the Microsoft Project software, you can manage the entirety of your project efficiently.
However, one drawback of using desktop software is that you will need to share the documents when you are collaborating on a project. All the involved parties in a project will need to maintain and update the information on a timely basis and share the updated file every time. This could create a disruption when more than one person edits the same file.
2. Web-Based Project Management Software
To overcome the limitations of desktop software, web-based project management software was developed. Through this type of software, everyone who is involved in a project can have full access to the documents at all hours.
Users can read, write, rewrite, edit, and do all project-management-related activities whenever they want without any trouble. Everyone involved in the project will have full access. Therefore, all project managers and stakeholders can stay updated with the project without delay, and there will be no communication gap.
What are the Functions of a Project Management Software?
In this section, let us inform you about some of the essential functions you need to consider when you invest in our project management software.
- Project Planning & Scheduling
- Team Management
- Effortless Deployment
- Easy Integration
- Real-Time Notification
- Employee Work Status
- Project Status Analysis
- Project Loan Listing
Features of Project Management Software
Besides the characteristics, you will also be delighted to know about the list of extensive features that our project management software includes. These features will change your experience with project management software for good and teach you a better way to manage your project on the web.
- Project Assignment
- Project Grouping
- Project Wise Delivery
- Project Summary
- Voucher Integration
- Service Billing Integration
- Project Timeline Management
- Project Task & Analysis
- Project Inventory
- Project Accounts & Expenses
Benefits of a Project Management Software
Some of you might be wondering why you need project management software. What advantages will you gain from investing in such software? Is it worth if you invest in it for the long run? Thus, we have discussed some of the benefits you will enjoy from using project software management.
- You can plan your projects effortlessly without wasting any time.
- It will give you accurate predictions regarding the project’s timeline, such as the completion timeline and schedule, an idea about the overall cost, etc.
- Any changes in the plans will be up-to-date.
- You can easily track your progress.
- You can ensure balance resource management.
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Can prevent any timelines and resources overlap and conflict between projects.
- Team collaboration and work performance will improve drastically.
- You can manage the budgets of the projects more effectively.
- All data and information about the project will be recorded in the same place.
- The communication among project managers, stakeholders, and clients will get better and more effective.
- You can finish the project before the deadline and under the budget.
To summarize everything stated above, project management software will make your and other project managers’ jobs a million times easier. Due to the complications, project management practice includes nowadays, managing a project without project management software is almost impossible.
Therefore, we suggest you invest in project management software that will meet all your project requirements. Do not hesitate to do thorough research and check out all the features provided. We assure you that investing in project management software will be worth the money and time.