After reaching 25, people often face issues with their back pain. It is one of the common issues that makes people ask how to relieve lower back pain. Back pain, being one of the common ailments, is the kind of disease that affects nearly 10 persons in every group of 20 people. At certain points in their lives, they must have suffered because of back pain irrespective of their age. It is one of the common issues that may also get sports persons to suffer because of chronic conditions like arthritis and sports injuries. If you or anyone you know is going through adverse body issues of back or lower back pain, you can stay connected with the experts of Fortis la Femme Greater Kailash.
- You might have suffered because of it while enjoying your evening in the garden, or cleaning the house. There can be chances that you may hurt your back while holding the heavy objects in your hands.
- Sudden or severe back pain should be checked by the doctor or physical therapist. If your back pain doesn’t go away within three days, it is high time to look for a doctor and make an appointment.
- Sometimes, you may get the nagging pain that may not go away itself. In such cases, you may opt for spine surgeries. You can also try to adopt certain home remedies that may tend to result better than the combined effect of the surgery or medications.
Herein, we have given you certain methods that may help you get rid of your lower back pain at its instant:
- Try To Move Your Body
You may not feel the need to try moving your body when you feel severe pain. But, this is one of the best recommendations that doctors often give to their patients. It is one of the major misconceptions that back pain often makes you inactive and you need to stay isolated to get rid of it.
- If you want to get instant relief, you can try doing your daily activities even with small effort and try making some body movements.
- If you have no work, you can try a small 30-minute walk or can let your dog go for a round.
- Try to aim at your own feet and try this therapy at least three times a week. Staying isolated lets your muscles stay intact in one position. This creates more weakness in the muscles and the body parts.
- This, in turn, brings less support to the spine and leads to long-term pain instead of getting fine with the same.
- Do Little Stretching and Strengthening of Muscles
Muscles that lie in the abdominal core help to support the back. Strengthening and stretching can help to increase flexibility and relieve the pain. Stretching and strengthening are the first things you should try in the morning. If you are older, you may not do it in the morning but can perform it anytime in the day at its regular timings or while you wind up your day at night. Yoga, tai chi, and pilates are a few of the ways of strengthening that may help your hip muscles to retain their strength. You can perform the exercise that includes your upper or lower body parts. You can lie down on your tummy and may lift your legs or arms like you are a flying bird. This will help you maintain your core strength.
- Maintain The Posture
This is one of the best remedies that even your doctor will suggest to you if you will ask how to relieve lower back pain. You can try using tapes, straps, or stretchy bands. These props will help you maintain the posture of your spine and keep it aligned with your body. Keep your head entered and over your pelvis. Do not try to lower your shoulders, try to crane your chin in the forward direction. If you are at your workplace and working in front of a computer screen. Try resting your arms on the desk and keep your eyes on the top of the screen. For a while, try stretching and walking. This will stretch your body muscles and will give you the strength to manage pain.
- Count the Extra Kilos of Your Body Weight
If you are gaining some extra kilos, this can be the reason for your increasing back pain. Try to lose your weight and focus on maintaining body weight by eating proteins, regular water, and maintaining the level of carbohydrates in the body. The spine is one of the body parts that hold your body weight in straight directions. If you need help, you can try asking your doctor about the remedies for losing weight and working with the best method.
- Quit Smoking
It may be a small thing but sometimes when you are going through harsh issues, small things count more. Try comparing your life with a nonsmoker and make a list of things that you suffer as a smoker. This will help you manage your body issues better. Also, nicotine in cigarette and tobacco products weakens the bones and produces harsh effects on the nutrients degenerating the cushion in the joints or bones. A healthy spine will help you maintain flexibility and the strength of the muscles. It will keep you stiff and will help you maintain posture. It is, therefore, better to work on the things that may hurt you later in life.
- Try Heat and Ice Compressor
You may have asked several times to your doctor, nearby relatives, or even family about how to relieve lower back pain, but you may have not heard it better if someone would have suggested you try ice and heat. The short answer is heat and ice therapy works for all the major issues. If you have swelling, pain, muscle pain, body pain, sore body part, or even inflamed body part, you can try the heat and cold method to keep yourself fit and fine and also away from the pain. A heating pad helps to relax the muscles and maintain stiffness. You can try limiting the heating or icing treatment to 20 minutes each. Do not overuse them otherwise it will numb your area. You can also wrap the body part, after applying heat or cold therapy, with an ointment.
- You Can Try OTC Medications
There are two types of pain relievers including nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and acetaminophen. These types of medicines can help you manage your inflammation, pain, and stiffness in the body. Before trying these medicines, you should try to understand the work being done by them. NSAID medicines like Aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Naproxen help to lower inflammation but they can lead to tenderness and swelling. On the other hand, acetaminophen medications do not work on inflammation. In case you have arthritis and any kind of inflammatory condition, you can try NSAIDs.
There are many skin creams, ointments, patches, and salves that may help you lower back pain. These products consist of menthol, camphor, and other coolants that produce cooling, heating, and numbing effects on the painful area. You can ask your doctor for immediate relief and the immediate use of such medicinal products. They are easily available in the form of an ointment, creams, and sprays in the market.