It won’t be wrong to say that Ukraine’s medical education is considered to be one of the best in the world. Since as early as the 11th century A.D, medical schools and hospitals have been a mainstay in Ukraine, offering folk medicine initially and then specializing in modern medicine. This makes MBBS in Ukraine a great prospect.
Today when Mbbs abroad is gaining traction especially among medical aspirants, it’s important to understand the scope of MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students. This includes knowing about the advantages of studying here as well as the various this destination offers, not just for academics but also for a career in the future.
Why MBBS in Ukraine?
MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students is indeed a great opportunity. However, it’s important for the students to exactly understand how and why such a decision can turn out to be a good one. Thus for this purpose, highlighting the merits of pursuing MBBS here becomes very important.
- The majority of the universities in Ukraine (if not all) are recognized and accredited by some of the most renowned global bodies. These include the WHO, MCI/NMC, FAIMER, Ukrainian Ministry of Education, and the IMED among others.
- Despite having such prestigious institutions, the admission process for MBBS in Ukraine is relatively simpler and smoother than the Indian universities. Indian students are only judged on the basis of their 10+2 and NEET scores and don’t need to appear for any separate entrance examinations or proficiency exams like IELTS/TOEFL.
- Not just that, Ukraine offers some of the lowest fees for 6-year MBBS courses (including tuition, MBBS, and other charges), ranging from 3-6 lakh INR. Even the best medical college in Ukraine (a)falls into this bracket.
- Students need not worry about any form of a cultural or language gap as universities have adopted the English language for instruction. In fact, Indian students can even expect luscious Indian cuisine in the hostel messes.
- An MBBS in Ukraine degree is globally recognized in nations like the USA, the UK, Russia, India, and many others. This means that students are eligible for job opportunities in these countries.
- Talking of job opportunities, many universities offering MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students also offer FMGE coaching (soon-to-be NEXT exam).
Future Scope after MBBS in Ukraine
Pursuing an MBBS in Ukraine does open up a plethora of opportunities for the students, irrespective of nationality or ethnicity. Apart from pursuing Post Graduation in your desired field, the following are the opportunities available: –
- International students who have a “temporary residency permit” in Ukraine can easily get a work permit to practice medicine in Ukraine.
- Indian students can appear for the Indian PG/Licentiate exam i.e FMGE/NEXT Exam and become licensed practitioners in India.
- Alternatively, they can go for other licentiate exams like the USMLE (USA) and PLAB (UK).
- Students wanting to dive deeper into their discipline can continue independent researches into their specialization. Many of these can even end up getting published in reputed medical journals.
- Hospital Management and Health Administration is a newly growing field. This will interest those who are into leadership and management of healthcare systems and networks.
- Many medical graduates from Ukraine often get easy employment in Germany.
Top Colleges for MBBS in Ukraine
Different students have a different name in mind when it comes to the Best Medical College in Ukraine. However, there are some universities that are globally accepted to be the best in the nation.
- Kharkiv International Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Vinnitsa National Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM
- O.O Bogolomets National Medical University
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical University
- Taras Shevchenko National University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- Bukovinian State Medical University
All in all, MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students is indeed a golden opportunity as it offers budget-friendly education, without compromising on quality. Moreover, students are also promised a secure future in terms of jobs and perhaps this is why the prospect of MBBS in Ukraine attracts many from around the world.